What to Bring
What to Bring
For a more comfortable experience and for the greatest therapeutic benefit, we suggest patients bring as few personal items as possible. We want you to be able to focus on your treatment without concern or distraction for your belongings. Additionally, some items are not permitted for your safety and the safety of others.
- We recommend you bring attire for 3-5 days
- Pants and shorts, without belts or drawstrings
- 1 set of pajamas (no drawstrings)
- 3 bras (sports bras recommended)
- 1 pair of gym shoes with no laces (Velcro shoes recommended)
- 1 pair of slippers
- Eyeglasses, if needed
- Personal medications
Cornerstone Behavioral Health El Dorado will provide the following:
- Towels and washcloths
- Sheets, pillows, and blankets
- Laundry services, including detergent
- Basic hygiene items, such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, shampoos, soaps, and deodorant
- Meals and snacks
What Not to Bring
To keep our patients safe, we have strict rules on personal items. Items that are not allowed will be returned to family/guardian for safekeeping or secured at the hospital and returned upon discharge.
- Clothes with drawstrings or elastic
- High heels
- Jewelry (including watches, earrings, and rings)
- Cell phones and electronics including laptops, iPods, and iPads
- Underwire bras
- Money or credit cards
- Items containing alcohol
- Razors, pins, needles, paperclips, thumbtacks
- Food and chewing gum
- Mirrors, including those in compacts
- Curling irons, hairdryers, straighteners
- Tobacco and/or lighters
If you have a question about the appropriateness of an item, please contact us. All items will be inventoried upon arrival and items that are not permitted on the floor will be secured for return upon discharge.
To prevent unsafe items from arriving on the unit, please do not bring purses, bags, or contraband items into the hospital. Please do not give patients any items that have not been cleared and inventoried by staff.